Moment of Zen

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 5.06.43 PM
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 5.08.06 PM
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 5.07.39 PM

Romper: Free People Jagger One Piece
Headband: Free People Maggie May Soft Headband
Necklace: Aligned Gems
Bracelets: Three Bird Nest

"I never did believe in the ways of magic, but I'm beginning to wonder why..." - Fleetwood Mac

My plan is to go back and post any blog worthy photos I took last year before I start posting current ones. These photos were taken way back in April when we were all several weeks into complete lockdown because of Covid. It had just started to get warm outside, so Jerry and I decided to play around in the yard with the camera.

I honestly enjoyed lockdown and felt more at peace than I had in a very long time. I loved spending each day with my family and having time for simple things like gardening or hand washing my car. I put together a 2,000 piece puzzle which totally consumed me for awhile because of my obsessive personality. I haven't done another one since because I started to get a look in my eyes like Jack Nicholson in The Shining over that damn puzzle. I think I might have an unhealthy relationship with puzzles, so I thought it best to quit after the one. I also started playing the piano again and am proud to say I have stuck with that. It's been a great outlet for my emotions, and I've really upped my skill level. I’ve even been posting videos of myself playing on my personal Facebook page. Maybe I'll share one on here sometime.

In case you were wondering, the necklace I'm wearing is a lithium quartz crystal. It's supposed to have a calming energy that helps relieve stress and anxiety. I've really gotten into crystals lately. I'm not really a believer in their "powers." Honestly, I think it's a bunch of BS. I'm very much a woman of science, not psuedo-science. I just think they look cool. However, I figure, "what the hell?" It can't hurt to try them. Now that I think about it, the first crystal I ever received was from some street musicians in Sedona a few years ago. I gave them all the change from my wallet, and they gave me a tiny Blue Kyanite crystal and told me it would help me to "speak my truth." I ended up cussing out one of my travel companions on that trip who had been a real bitch to everyone the entire time. Hmm...maybe there is something to these crystals after all.      

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top