Old Favorites and Fears

Picture 27


Picture 34


Picture 33


Picture 36


Picture 30

Top: Anthropologie Bee's Favorite Blouse
Skirt: Anthropologie Circle the Globe Skirt
Belt: Anthropologie Looping Lanes Belt
Shoes: Kensie Girl

"Our old friend fear, and you, and me." - Bush

I've been feeling a bit nostalgic lately. Posting that video from Smashing Pumpkins yesterday brought me back to the 90's. Oh, those were much simpler times... I had nothing but time on my hands during the summer. I remember getting paid for my little part time job on Friday's and immediately leaving town to blow it all at some shopping mall. I always went by myself with only my radio to keep me company. My favorite song during this time was Glycerine by Bush. I would play it over and over again. Listening to it today brought back so many memories.

For today's outfit, I dug a couple of old Anthropologie favorites out of my closet: Bee's Favorite Blouse and the Circle the Globe Skirt. I had forgotten about this blouse and then I saw one of the contestants on Project Runway wearing it, and I was like, "Hey, I have that shirt." It's such a treat to find something in your closet that you haven't worn in awhile. You know you've got too many clothes when you've got your own shopping mall in your closet.

On the life front, things are going pretty good. There's been no major drama lately. However, my old friend fear decided to pay a visit again this week, and my hypochondria has been in full effect. I'm so tired of letting my mind rule me. I want to enjoy life while I'm here and not worry about the unknown. I hope one day I'll be able to let go of my fears. Here's to a relaxing, worry free weekend.

bush - glycerine (acoustic)

Powered by mp3ye.eu

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cute outfit. I really love the skirt! I've got a ton of clothes, too many really but I keep buying more. I went thrifting just today! I know exactly how you feel about fear. I'm the most fearful person ever. I've taken meds for it but honestly, it is all in my mind and no meds will help. The unknown is the most fearful thing for me too. Hope you can relax this weekend and calm that mind down. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit it cute..love that top!
    I never did buy it..and saw it on Project Runway on Thursday. Forgot how much I liked it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit; I have the skirt (in two colors) and love it. It goes perfectly with your top. I'd love to see you style the Sagebrush skirt again. I have it and am looking for ideas on how to wear it!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top