Echoes of Time

A clock is ticking, but it's hidden far away safe and sound." - Snow Patrol

Only time survives. I've decided to make the most of my time while I'm here. That's the motivation behind all the changes I've made in my life lately. For years, I've been who other people wanted me to be and for what - to be accepted by society and to put everyone else's happiness over my own. I truly don't believe that is any way to live. I want to be happy and enjoy the short time that I'm here. Sometimes you have to be self-centered and that's okay. When I went through anxiety and depression, no one could help me go through it. It was a journey I had to travel on my own. It made me look at life in a different way. We are each responsible for our own happiness, no one can do it for us. In the end, we will be dead and gone, but time will still march on without us. I'm determined to spend my time here in the ways that will make me happy such as spending time with my kids, sharing my life with the man I love, and, of course, shopping at Anthropologie.

"I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert...Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away." - Percy Shelley

Snow Patrol [Final Straw] 11 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking

Powered by mp3skull.com


Picture 13


Picture 15


Picture 8


Picture 10


Picture 19


Picture 22


Picture 21


Top: Anthropologie Flight of Fancy Top


Pants: Anthropologie Pilcro High-Waisted Flares


Shoes: Rocket Dog


Earrings: Anthropologie Cloudburst Earrings

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie - I love what you said in your blog today... and that you have come so far in your journey at such a young age. Enjoy your life and those around you, that are the most important, will be blessed! Cheers~! xoxo

    PS - Sorry it has been so long since I have written. I have been on vacation in Atlanta... and finally back home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people will do anything to be happy. You are the perfect example of that, sounds as if you have walked out on your marriage and broken up another to make sure that you are happy. i hope your chldren don't follow in your footsteps and i pray that they are not emotionally scarred by your actions. You did get one thing right in your blog and that is that you are self-centered!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, damn, Anonymous @ 11:02. That's a lot of assumptions gleaned from a few innocuous blog posts.

    It's so easy to criticize and call people names when you're anonymous, isn't it?

    Bonnie - kudos for being so honest with your struggles. I hope it works out well for you and anyone that places their children's happiness and well-being at such a high priority (like you seem to do) can't be doing too much wrong.

    Haters gonna hate, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anoyn how can you make that assumption about Bonnie? You don't know anything from anyone else. Bonnie has not told us what she's going thru. So unless you have heard directly from Bonnie, please don't make any judgements about her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Percy B. Shelley! Bonnie, you look exceptionally gorgeous in that blouse! It's true that we're all on our own journey, and we just do the best that we can in this life. :) I love that you're feeling strong enough now to share so much!

    And please just ignore the nasty anon. We online followers don't know you in person, don't know your life/situation, and shouldn't judge so readily. As JJ says, it's easy to say such nasty things under that ol' anonymous guise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Shelley! Ozymandias is one of my favorite poems... and here's a piece of advice... delete anonymous's nasty comment... send it into internet oblivion...doesn't deserve your time or response... delete!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to agree with jennysanzo...I never let anonymous haters stay on my blog...if they want to hate, they can start their OWN blog. Or better yet, get a life. Delete.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top