Uninspired

Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 10.32.46 PMScreen shot 2013-05-01 at 10.37.06 PM
Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 10.39.05 PM
Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 10.38.04 PM
Cardigan: The Limited
Earrings: Anthropologie

"Left uninspired by the crust of railroad earth..." - Death Cab for Cutie

These photos were taken a week ago, but I've lacked the motivation to type up an accompanying post until now. Hell, I lacked the motivation to even get these photos taken.  Far away, forward facing, left side, right side, and close up - all poses are present and accounted for, but there's no real substance to them. It's funny because I feel like that's the way my life has been lately.  I've been going through the motions (most days) without much feeling one way or the other.

I've been telling people I'm just down and depressed, but I'm not sure that's actually the case. I've been depressed before, and it was more intense than this. Oddly enough, this is a lack of intensity, an indifference towards life rather than an intense sadness. If I had to pick one word to describe how I've been feeling, it would be "tired." Even though I slept a lot last week, it never felt like enough. Finding the motivation to get up each day was really difficult. Thankfully, my weekend went well and things seem to be on the upswing today. 

I've got a lot to look forward to this month. I have a concert on Wednesday night, and my daughter's Kindergarten field trip is Friday. I have another concert next week, the week after that brings my 36th birthday, and a few days after that, my son turns 9. Finally, I will finish the month off attending a wedding at the beach for one of Jerry's family members. There's plenty of things in my life to be excited about and inspired by. Sometimes, I just need to remind myself.    


Title Track by Death Cab for Cutie on Grooveshark

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. disqus_A9LF1Ar5G6May 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

    Too many burritos or something (or somebody) else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angst? Ennui? Existential nausea? Stop listening to "Death Cab For Cutie" caterwaul. Problem solved. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top