Mah Happy Pants

Screen shot 2013-04-23 at 8.26.25 PM
Screen shot 2013-04-22 at 11.26.53 PM
Screen shot 2013-04-23 at 8.03.41 PM
Screen shot 2013-04-23 at 8.10.25 PM
Screen shot 2013-04-23 at 8.07.12 PM
Earrings: Anthropologie Cloud Burst Chandeliers
Ring: The Limited
 
"You're bringing me joy." - Iron and Wine
 
I bet you thought I was going to wear leggings today, didn't you? I mean, how could you not. For the past 2 weeks I've been alternating between maxi skirt/dresses and leggings on a pretty consistent basis. Although, technically that last dress was a mullet dress and not a maxi, but really there's not much difference save a few inches of fabric in the front. Speaking of maxi, am I the only one who was uncomfortable using that term a few years ago when it first came on the scene? The only time I had ever previously used that word it had always proceeded the word "pad," so I couldn't help but be grossed out when I first starting hearing the term "maxi dress." It immediately conjured up images in my warped mind of women being forced to wear these dresses when it was their time of the month, along the same lines as the menstruation tepees of the Native Americans. It's so funny to me that I just throw the word maxi around so freely now.  Anyway, I'm wearing no maxi of any sort today, nor am I wearing my beloved leggings. Nope, I'm shaking things up. I'm wearing what I've dubbed "mah happy pants."

When I saw these groovy trousers in the April catalog, I knew they must be mine. In fact, I just went ahead and purchased the top from the catalog photo as well, because I couldn't imagine a top going any better with these pants. I know, I know, yet another copy cat outfit, but, hey, I know what I like. Plus, I don't see the point in messing with an already good thing. I did my research first, though. I hardly ever order pants online, because it is so difficult for me to get the right fit, but I made an exception in this case. Thankfully, there were already a few reviews on these pants and the consensus was that they were really long. However, this made sense if you read the specs on them. The regular length was listed at 34.5 inches. At 5' 6", this length would work for me if I wanted to wear them with heels or wedges, but I preferred a more casual look with these pants and wanted to wear them with flats. The Petite length was listed at 32.5 inches, so I ended up ordering them in a size 10P. It was a gamble because I usually wear a size 8 in pants, but since I was ordering petite, I decided to go up a size. My gamble paid off, and they fit beautifully.

They came just in the nick of time too... I was struggling to find something to wear this morning when I heard the UPS truck outside my door. I waited for him to leave and then literally crawled naked out my front door onto the porch to snatch up the package before someone caught a glimpse of a snatch of another sort (if you know what I mean). Instant outfit delivered to your front door - it doesn't get any better than that.

Joy by Iron and Wine - www.musicasparabaixar.org on Grooveshark

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. LMAO I thought I was the only one that ran out naked to grab a UPS package....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I accidentally flashed my UPS guy last week as I was trying to sign for my package, keep the dog back from the door, and hold my robe closed so at least you believe no one got a view - I KNOW someone got a view, lol. He smiled at me afterwards! SMILED! How repulsive! Anyway...onto the fashion!

    Cute pants! I'm always looking for interesting bottoms. I feel like I wear the same three pairs of pants and have about a billion tops. And I definitely know what you mean about the leggings uniform. I wore my jeggings all winter until I wore a hole in the crotch of my favorite pair. But! I've recently discovered the boyfriend jean and I'm in love. They look so cute rolled up a bit and worn with flats and a long cardigan :) It's good to branch out - "Green eggs and Ham" and such!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to snatch attention from your wonderful post, Bonnie, but I believe (in the interest of historical accuracy) that the prefix "maxi" as applied to dresses preceded it's application to feminine hygiene products. I suspect the Kotex people snatched the term right up from the public domain.


    I'll say no more, as I fear saying more would appear to be an effort to snatch the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drivers know this. That's the reason those UPS trucks have the big mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the maxi prefix. It's HORRIBLE. I'm using the word horrible because I know how to spell it, I wasn't sure about awful. It looks wrong, but spell check says it's right. Anyway, that word is BOTH.
    As for the pants? I'm glad they make you happy. ;) I dislike them intensely. They remind me of a bright spring comforter for the bed, which would explain how comfy they are. I just can't bring myself to wearing bed dressings though, unless, of course it's all that's available to wrap myself in for a dash onto the front porch to greet the UPS dude. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha - "Smiled! Repulsive!" hee hee...

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top