Mountain Getaway - Day 2

Day 2 of my mountain getaway was filled with good food and good shopping.

Miller's Grocery

After sleeping in to get caught up on some much needed rest, we made our way to Christiana to eat lunch at Miller's Grocery. This quaint country cafe used to be a grocery store for 75 years back in the day. It has been converted into a restaurant with great southern food and delicious made-from-scratch desserts.

Picture 7

Picture 5

Picture 10

Picture 16

Picture 13

Picture 12

Picture 15 (1)

Dress: Old Navy Crocheted Trim Jersey Dress

Belt: Anthropologie It's a Cinch Belt

Shoes: J. Crew

After lunch and stops at the Grand Olde Opry and The Parthenon, our hosts took us to the best mall in Nashville, The Mall at Green Hills. The very first store I saw when I walked in was Free People! I let out a squeal of delight since I've never been in a Free People store before. I have to say, though, the prices took a little bit of the wind out of my sails, but I still ended up purchasing a few items that I couldn't live without. I was almost as excited over the cute bag they put my purchases in than the purchases themselves.
There was another treat in store for me. This mall has one of two Anthropologie accessory stores! I was so excited for the rare opportunity to check out one of these stores! It was a beautiful store with lots of gorgeous jewelry and shoes. I noticed that they had some jewelry made by a local artist from authentic antiques. Although the antique jewelry was really beautiful, it was too rich for my blood. I ended up purchasing a bracelet for $9.99 and a pair of sandals. I was told by the SA that the shoes I purchased were purchased by Kelly Clarkson a few days earlier. Shopping with the stars...awesome!

The Mall at Green Hills

Picture 17

Picture 20

Picture 38

Picture 36

Picture 21

Picture 22

Picture 23

Picture 24

Picture 25

Picture 29

Picture 30

Picture 27

Picture 28

Picture 32

Picture 34

Picture 35

Picture 37

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting that they opened an accessory store at Green Hills! I'm from Nashville (well, live in DC now, but my family's there and so we go back often, this store must've just opened, so cool). SO, which shoes did you end up purchasing? :-) Did you visit the Anthropologie across the way from the mall?

    Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to hit up an Anthro accessories store -- how fun that you got to visit one! I too am curious to know what sandals you ended up purchasing. I had been considering both of the pictured pairs when they went on sale, but forced myself to hold out. But if KC bought them...well... : )

    So glad that you were able to have a bit of a getaway. I hope it helps to clear your mind and rejuvenate your spirits. It is always good to have some quality time with old friends.

    And the picture of you in front of the Free People sign is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer K: I ended up purchasing the Leather Begonia Sandals. The other ones were pretty, but I though I would get more wear out of the more natural colored pair. No, I didn't get time to visit the Anthro across from the mall. :-(

    Jamie: I got the Leather Begonia Sandals. I loved both shoes, but the the Begonia's seemed more practical to me. However, I'm bummed that I paid full price for them. I could have gotten both pairs for the price of one if I had been more patient. Oh well, live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading about your journey, and just wanted to let you know that I think it's great you're doing what is best for you. Don't be scared, follow your heart. I'm rooting for you all the way, and hope the best for you. I also hope your mother's disapproval is not being expressed in front of your children--it would be completely unfair to them. Glad to see you managed to get a way a little bit and refresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie, thanks for stopping by my blog and checking in. Everything has been going really well and I'm really enjoying the new location.
    TN looks beautiful and I'm glad you were able to get away for a little while and do some shopping. Free People is fun to locate b/c there's not a lot of stores in the country, but they're quaint and the free bag is a great perk. I've got one in my room now!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top