Mountain Getaway - Day 1

Some of you have suggested that with everything going on in my life I needed to get away for a while. Well, I was able to get away for a couple of days last weekend. I took a trip to the mountains of Tennessee to visit my best friend from high school who I haven't seen in 15 years. It was so great to see her and reconnect! She and her mom were excellent hosts and took us to some fantastic places. We took tons of pictures, and I would like to share some of them with you all.

Sewanee University of the South

I had never heard of this university, but I have to say I was impressed. What a gorgeous campus! Lot's of old gothic style stone buildings, a beautiful church, and one really cool graveyard! We spent the afternoon walking around the campus taking in the beautiful scenery and then had a lovely dinner at the campus dining hall. I have to say the graveyard was the highlight for me. I've been wanting to take a photo shoot in a graveyard (I'm weird, I know), and this one was just perfect. Some of the graves were from the 1800's!

Picture 8

Picture 10

Picture 16

Picture 22

Picture 24

Picture 30

Picture 39

Picture 35

Picture 36

Picture 41

Picture 47

Picture 50

Picture 48

Sewanee Natural Bridge
After dinner, we took a little drive over to the Sewanee Natural Bridge. It was breathtakingly beautiful. It was so peaceful and quiet out there. I wish we could have stayed longer, but the light was quickly fading. As we were driving out, we noticed a beautiful open field with some really good lighting. There was a No Trespassing sign, but we decided to take our chances and run out there for a few shots.

Picture 54

Picture 51

Picture 52

Picture 53

Picture 55

Picture 59

Picture 60


Graffiti Rock Overlook
As the sun was setting, we stumbled upon this little rock that overlooked the valley below. It was such a beautiful view and the rock was a feast for the eyes as well. It had tons of graffiti on it. We stayed on the rock until the sun disappeared behind the trees, and then we made our way back to my friend's house to get some much needed rest.

Picture 63

Picture 64

Picture 65

Picture 71

Picture 69

Jeans: Pilcro Straight Leg Jeans
Shoes: AE
Necklace and Ring: The Limited

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top