Dynamic Zig

Picture 19


Picture 20


Picture 23


Picture 33


Picture 26


Picture 39

Dress: Anthropologie Dynamic Zigs Dress

Bracelet: The Limited

Shoes: Daniblack

"And I find it kind of funny. I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. I find it hard to tell you because I find it hard to take. When people run in circles it's a very, very mad world." - Tears for Fears

I'm typing this at 11:40 pm the night of my 34th birthday. This birthday was alot different than my last. Last year, I had to bake my own birthday cake. Anything short of that is an improvement. If I had to describe this birthday in one word it would be bitter-sweet. Hmm...technically, that's two words, but who's counting? Plus, the hyphen makes all the difference.

Bitter: My parents didn't wish me a happy birthday.
Sweet: My kids did.
Bitter: I had a very stressful day at work.
Sweet: I had a very relaxing night spent with people I love.
Bitter: No one in my family baked me a cake or got me a card or gift.
Sweet: A very special person in my life baked me a delicious cake to share with my kids and gave me a few of my favorite things.

The name of my dress today is the Dynamic Zig Dress. What a funny name! The Dynamic Zig sounds like the latest dance craze or something. I'm going to use the term to describe what I've being doing alot of lately. I've been "Dynamically Zigging" around some aspects of my life for fear of being judged even more than I already have been. It's a mad world we live in where you can't be yourself for fear of what other people will think about you. Everybody just keeps running around, zigging and zagging, and doing their best to fit in with society. I'm done with that rat race. Today, on my 34th birthday, I declare my independence from the madness.

Mad World

Powered by mp3skull.com


CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Bonnie! Bittersweet is definitely better than bitter. :) I hope you enjoy every last sweet morsel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad you have people in your life who will bake you a birthday cake, and your kids are awesome for wishing you a happy birthday :) I have had those years where certain members of my family have not wished me a happy birthday (for unknown reasons)and I know it hurts. It is great you can look at the positive parts of your day. I hope this came across as a happy/hopeful comment. I am not sure how it is sounding to you, but Happy Birthday, you look awesome in that dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Bonnie! You look really fantastic in this dress. I love the photo where the wind picked up the skirt. And I agree with Jess above, who said that bittersweet is definitely better than bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look awesome...love that dress on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday- I hope you can spend it with all the people that matter.

    Stunning dress- I hadn't noticed that colour variant before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday one day late! I am in Ireland right now and a little behind in my blogging. I will catch up next week. I love your dress and you look lovely. Cheers!

    PS - The necklace from your friend is AWESOME!!! The one with the red bird on it... I must find one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look so fantastic in that tracy reese dress! soo good!
    http://la-petite-anthropologiest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. what size is the dress? im thinking of getting it on ebay. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top