Hippy Chic

"And please, remember me seldomly in the car behind the carnival. My hand between your knees, you turned from me and said, 'The trapeze act was wonderful but never meant to last.'" - Iron and Wine

I'm exhausted and so glad it's Friday. I need this weekend to unwind. It's been a crazy week at work. I'm hoping next week will be calmer, but so far, it's looking like it's going to be another crazy one. We went out to dinner tonight. My oldest son is spending the night with my sister, so we just had my 6 year old son and my 3 year old daughter. It was adventure to say the least. When we went to sit down, the kids starting fighting over who was going to sit with me. My son bullied his way beside me so then my daughter started screaming. It was so embarrasing. My husband had to carry her out and calm her down. I ended up having to bribe my son with a new toy in order to convince him to let me sit in between them. Once we got that worked out, my son started crying becase his tooth was bothering him. He has a loose tooth that is barely hanging on, and he was having a hard time eating. Poor fellow. Let's just say I really needed that Margarita I had tonight!

It was a beautiful, warm day. I'm wearing my favorite jeans again, this time with my lace top from Fossil. I got so many compliments on this top today. I'm calling this outfit, "Hippy Chic." I'm wearing a few new jewelry purchases. I just got this necklace, ring, and earrings from The Limited. I'm really loving their jewelry right now. I ordered 6 pairs of earrings from the website, so I should be good on earrings for awhile. LOL!

Today's song is "The Trapeze Swinger" by Iron and Wine. I love this song so much. It makes me cry everytime I listen to it. The lyrics are so powerful and open for interpretation. This song means so many different things to so many people. I liked this description the best: "I've never heard a song that sounded more like happy regret or comforting nostalgia."

I'm sorry I haven't been responding to your comments lately. Life has been really crazy the past week, and I just haven't had the time. Hopefully, things will calm down soon. I have been reading each and every one of your comments, and I appreciate all of them. Well, I'm going to try and get some much needed rest. Have a great night!





006

017

174

179

204

153

155

151

Top: Fossil Brit Lace Top

Jeans: Pilcro High-Waisted Trouser Jeans

Shoes: DSW

Necklace, Ring, and Earrings: The Limited

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. I like that outfit on you! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hippy chic!! Gorgeous on you and the pics are lovely! Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lace top is perfection on you! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anthro Spring Forward Giveaway

    I saw the first time you posted about this top...so gorgeous. It was worth the trouble to get it! Now I want one.

    Love, love, love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with this top! Great pictures!

    enter my $100 anthro card give away...

    http://jo-jo-phine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top