The Great Escape

"Got no time, got no mind, for the line in this life." - Alexi Murdoch

It's been a very long day. As is always the case, it was just about impossible to leave work early today. Everybody and their brother needed something from me. It was ridiculous. I finally just left. I'm going to have my work cut out for me tomorrow. I stopped by the Gap Outlet and got some clothes for my kids then I made my way to Anthro. I've got some reviews coming for you tomorrow. I didn't really have time to try on many things, but to tell you the truth, I didn't really see many things that I wanted to try on. I'm underwhelmed by the offerings right now. I guess that's a good thing for my pocketbook. Of course, I did bring one thing home with me. It was a sale item. I'll let it be a surprise. After Anthro, I ran into Gap and tried on a couple pairs of bell-bottom jeans. I didn't like either, but I took pics, so I will review those for you guys as well. The search continues for a dark pair of bell-bottom jeans. Nothing compares to my Pilcro's. I finished my shopping trip up at The Limited. I got a top and a dress that I'm in love with. I'm thinking about wearing it tomorrow.

Today's outfit was inspired by Dea. I loved her outfit yesterday so much that I decided to try to create my own version. This outfit was perfect for a day of shopping. This dress is the equivalent of pajamas as far as comfort goes.

Today's song is "Blue Mind" by Alexi Murdoch. "As adults we become caught up in our obligations and activities and have precious little time to be with ourselves. 'Got no time, Got no mind, For the line in this life' is about not having or taking time to see the big picture of our lives. The only time we slip into our 'blue mind' is when we are asleep and our imagination is free to roam. But time is short and 'turning to sand'. This song suggests we 'go free of time', don't live in the past or the future but in the present moment."

I'll try to post my reviews tomorrow at lunch, so stay tuned for that. Have a great night!





090

067

059

041

017

054

Dress: Anthropologie Lucerna Dress

Sweater: Anthropologie Roaming Frills Cardigan

Boots: Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots

Necklace: Target

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. The outfit looks great Bonnie, I'm humbled that I could inspire! Glad to hear you were able to get away for a bit of shopping and I agree with you, the latest offerings at Anthro don't feel really exciting and I too felt underwhelmed when visiting the store.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top