Dressy Casual

"To be lost in the forest, to be cut adrift." - Bloc Party

I got all my cleaning done today, and I'm mostly packed for my trip to D.C. I ended up packing a bunch a jeans, tops, and knit dresses. These classes usually consist of computer nerds dressed in jeans and t-shirts, so I decided to keep my attire casual this week. I'm going to scope out the Anthropologie website tonight before I go to bed so I can get an idea of the things I really want to try on at the store. I'm so excited!

Today's photo shoot was another disaster. No, it wasn't the wind again. It was the sun getting in the way this time. Darn sun! LOL! I waited until right before sunset because that's when we usually get the best light. You see, I have a "glowy face" problem. Maybe it's all the angelic energy coming out, or maybe I'm just freakishly white. I don't know. All I do know is my husband gets this disgusted look on his face while looking through the camera and says, "You're face is glowing again." I was super frustrated today. No matter where I went my husband said "glowy face." We stayed out there until the sun went down and he still said my face was glowing. I was like, "How the f*** is my face glowing when there is no sun!" I felt like crying. When I uploaded the pictures, I expected the worse. However, they weren't that bad, considering.

Since I'm not dressing up this week, I decided to wear my favorite dress today, the Crocheted Clouds Dress. I made the look a little more casual by putting the Maximum Capacity Jacket over it, and added some color with the Cockle Shell Tights. I was terrified of getting sap on this dress from the trees. I managed to not get any on it, but I did get some on my hands. It smells really good, but man, it is sticky!

Today's song is "This Modern Love" by Bloc Party. Bloc Party is my favorite band to listen to while driving, so I will be listening to them alot tomorrow. This is my favorite song by them.

Well, I've got a long day ahead of me. I'm going into work for half a day, and then making the 5 hour drive to D.C. I'll be exhausted by the time I get there tomorrow night, but I will still try to make a short post from my hotel room. Have a great night!




011

022

047

062

067

099

135

129

199

193

190

Dress: Anthropologie Crocheted Clouds Dress

Jacket: Anthropologie Maximum Capacity Jacket

Tights: Anthropologie Cockle Shell Tights

Shoes: Ruche

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. I think your husband should feel lucky to have such a beautiful woman to photograph...glow and all! However, I give him credit for partaking in the photo shoots. My husband wouldn't have anything to do with it if I asked probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, and I love the cream textured dress with the cockleshell tights. heck, I like ANTYTHING with my cockleshell tights! Hope you have a great time in DC! Please try on the Tippi Dress if they have it and review ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're going to be checking out the Anthro in Georgetown. Not only is it amazing but it has so much more than the one at Tysons.

    P.S. Love your taste in music. Your recent song choices are some of my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should give yourself more credit; you're beautiful, and I don't see any problems at all with your face "glowing"! That dress goes so well with the tights, and I love your shoes (are they still available?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see a glowy face, I see porcelin skin! Do you know what some of us would give to have that skin? You look beautiful & your dress is stunning. Have a safe trip tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All Time Favorites! I love the trees, light, outfit, everything! Beautiful photo shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your outfit! It is so pretty, and these shots in the woods with the pines are amazing!! =+)

    http://kindergartendressup.blogspot.com/

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this entry is phenomenal! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie you look lovely, glowy face and all. This is one of my favorite shoots you've done, the woods in the back are so still and beautiful. have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is probably one of my favorite photo shoots you've done Bonnie :) I love the setting and the lighting, especially in the first six or seven photographs -- beautiful. Not sure what your husband was complaining about :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy: Yeah, I guess I should feel lucky that he will even take my pictures at all, but it's so hard to do these photo shoots with all that negative energy.

    Molly: I feel the exact some way about my Cockle Shell Tights. They look good with everything. I don't know what I'm going to do when they wear out.

    this is not a joke: I'm actually going to the one in Reston, VA.

    Katie: Thanks! I saw a pair in my store a couple of weeks ago, so it might be worth calling customer service.

    Mommyblogger: Can I hire you to go around with me everywhere and boost my self-esteem? LOL!

    Hill: Aww! Thank you so much!

    Stephanie Rose: Thanks! I was surprised they turned out so well.

    the guy with the smile: Thanks dude! LOL!

    SLC: Thank you!

    goldenmeans: Aww, thanks Anjali! He's a man, who knows what he was talking about! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top