Urban Cowgirl

Picture 2

Picture 8


Picture 20

Picture 18

Picture 25
Belt: Anthropologie Ribbon Path Belt
Jewelry: The Limited

"Lassoing my cowgirl dreams and chasing down a tumbleweed." - Mirah

Notice anything different? I gave the blog a little makeover today with a fancy new header drawn by my love. Yes, in addition to being a kick ass photographer, Jerry's got mad illustrating skills. It's his passion, and he's really good at it. I've looked over some of his work and yeah, I know I'm biased as hell, but it's impressive. I told him I wanted him to "draw me like one of his French girls," but for now I'd settle for a blog header. So, he delivered one to me just in time for Christmas. Thanks Jer! (Jer is what my kids call him. So cute!)

Since writing is my passion and illustration is Jerry's, it's our dream one day to collaborate on a children's book. We've talked about doing this since very early in our relationship. I write, he illustrates, we both get to do what we love, we sell millions of books, we become rich, he gets to fish everyday, I get to shop at Anthro as much as I want, and we live happily ever after. Yeah, I know not likely to ever happen, especially since some people think I can't write worth a shit, but a girl can dream can't she?

The top in today's outfit is a recent purchase. I was in the market for some skinny jeans and have had some luck with Lucky Jeans in the past (pun intended), so I decided to pay a visit to a Lucky Brand store. The store was running a 25% off everything promotion, so I picked up a few tops while I was in there. This particular top is my favorite. I love the lace details and thought it would look great belted with my Maxi skirt from Old Navy. I'm loving this look. Paired with the boots, I kind of felt like an urban cowgirl. Yeehaw!

Mirah - Lonestar

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. I love the heading! Very nice work Jerry! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the header! He captured your image perfectly - proving you are gorgeous! I LOVE this outfit. I have that skirt and a similar top! I am totally copying it tomorrow! Have a lovely day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sherry, you are too kind. Copy away, my dear! Glad I could provide some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top