Thankful

Picture 7

Picture 19

Picture 11Picture 24
Picture 39
Picture 31
Jeans: AE Jeggings
Boots: Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots
Earrings: Tree and Kimble
Necklace: Target

"I want the sun to hit my face through oak trees in the open lot. Forget about the things you want. Be thankful for what all you got." - Dan Auerbach

This time of year is detrimental to my budget. I find myself just wanting to buy, buy, buy! First of all, I made the mistake of going on Pottery Barn's website and finding all these bird ornaments that I now want so bad. I'm especially coveting the snowy owl Christmas tree topper that's sold out online. Of course,  I discovered I could get one for twice the original price on Ebay.  Luckily, I haven't become that desperate yet. 

Then, there's this whole Anthropologie sale fiasco. 25% off today then 50% off during "special hours" on Friday. Could you make it any more confusing and appealing at the same time, Anthro? Hell, I want to buy anything during the "special hours" just so I can feel special. I listed 2 dresses for sale yesterday for the sole purpose of gathering funds to feed my Anthropologie sale frenzy. It worked. I didn't even make it to the "special hours." I purchased a dress this morning that was quickly selling out. I think I managed to get the last one. Unless, I manage to make some more money, I won't be part of the special club come Friday. :-(

I feel really stressed out lately. Between worrying about money and wanting everything I see, I'm getting down right depressed. I thought this time of year was supposed to be fun. Truth is, it's so easy to get caught up in all the shopping hoopla. It's almost like a game these days. The fact that the deals are just not on Black Friday anymore adds even more variables to the equation. There's Pre-Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and God knows what else they'll come up with before Christmas gets here. I feel myself wanting to go crazy and turn into this horrible consumption monster.

Tonight, we went to my Aunt's house for Pre-Thanksgiving dinner. It's a tradition that's been in place long before I came into existence. We eat ham and collards and sit around catching up with family. I had such a good time. I was laughing so hard at one point that my stomach muscles were killing me. I could just feel all my stress melt away. My family, including my mother, was very welcoming and warm to Jerry. As I was hugging my Aunt on our way out the door, she whispered in my ear, "I really like your boyfriend. He's very nice." I realized that these are the moments of pure happiness, not the next purchase or the victory of acquiring something on super sale. Tonight, I'm thankful for what I've already got.    

Dan Auerbach - Goin' Home

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. Love these pics! That last photos is absolutely gorgeous...your eyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that dinner with your aunt went well! Nothing beats those laugh-until-you-hurt moments ;-) It sounds like things are really starting to turn around for you.

    I totally feel your pain on the Anthro sales. I was trying to avoid spending money on myself, but the special 50% off sale is just too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Thanksgiving is the best holiday. Christmas is warped too tightly to the given and receiving of presents, which can led to animosities, and the feeling of inadequacy. Thanksgiving on other hand seems to be more abut spending time with family and friends, rebuilding infrastructures along the way.
    Jerry's photos have been spot on, and I love the way y'all out the beauty of Eastern NC.
    A couple of weeks ago I loved your hair piece/'do. It could of be straight from the planet Naboo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pictures are gorgeous! What brand of contacts do you wear? They look really natural!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the shopping addiction (as well as the denial and unwillingness to get help for it) continues.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Guest, you've got me all figured out. Congratulations on being better at life than me! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I wear Dailies lenses for vision, but they are clear. This is my natural eye color. Jerry said that the blueness of the sky that day really brought out the color of my eyes. They do not usually look so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, Mike! This has been one of the best Thanksgiving days I've had in a long time. I owe a lot of that to Jerry.

    Funny about the hair piece! I didn't see it until you mentioned it. Now, I can totally see Princess Amidala rocking that do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Rebecca, things are really going well on the family front right now. My dad still isn't talking to me, but I'm hoping it will just be a matter of time.

    I know, the temptation of 50% off is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I loved these as well. Jerry did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...you've just described my perfect Thanksgiving: laughing so much it hurts, eating, and love. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your honesty about this stuff! I feel the same way sometimes. Modcloth had a 50% off sale going on. I was surprisingly good and didn't buy anything but made sure to tell hubby that some of the stuff on my wish list was half off! I did cave and buy that Ihrin Shirtdress from the Anthro 25% off sale.

    These pictures are amazing! Love the lighting in them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bonnie, congrats on your family situation now! With your mom slowly warming up, your dad will follow suit:). We don't celebrate thanksgiving in my country, so I do not really understand fully the tradition. But do enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Frye boots! Would you mind telling me the color: are they the dark brown or the cognac? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time I follow fashion bloggers daily, pay attention to the sales e-mails I get, and/or comb websites for things I like and then wait for them to go on sale, I feel JUST LIKE you. I overspend sometimes, and a lot of the things I get I love temporarily and then somehow I forget them. If I totalled up what I spent on my closet, I would be shocked and couldn't imagine it being worth all that.

    So I stepped away from following the bloggers that post a lot about what to buy or what they bought or what is on sale. I stepped away from Anthropologie and BR and JCrew and Old Navy and the rest. I read infrequently the people I really like. My world has gotten a LOT clearer now that I am out of the vicious shopping cycle (that I thought was fun and did no harm!). I can look at stuff when I do shop (not frequently at all) with a clearer head and I am much more difficult to please when it comes to fit and function now. I Didn't see 'this awesome thing that costs $200 and look this one is only $XX and looks just like it, what a bargain, I NEED IT, it is SO pretty and perfect!'

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top