Home

"First you must go walking on your own. Maybe then we already are home." - Alexi Murdoch

What a difference a day makes. I'm feeling really happy today readers! I'm excited about the direction in which my life is headed. Yes, I'm still climbing up that proverbial hill, but the top is getting closer. I can see it now, and it is beautiful. Thank you so much for all the supportive emails and comments. You have no idea how much they mean to me. I'm still on the outs with my family, but I'm coping with it better and better each day. I'm hoping with time my family will understand and accept me again.

I'm wearing a piece I haven't worn in awhile, the Openwork Vines Skirt. It's a little big on me now, but I think it still works. I always pair this skirt with the same combo - light blue tank and black cardigan. I did change the shoes up this time and wore my fun floral heels from Rocket Dog. I just can't find anything else to pair with this skirt. The high waist really throws me for a loop. Do you guys have any suggestions?

We went to an old, abandoned house down the road from work to take these pictures. I've always admired this house. I love the intricate moulding work at the top. I peeked inside one of the windows and it was just awesome inside. It's in bad shape, but it has good bones. I wish I had the money to fix it up, but, alas, I'm poor. I'll have to settle with fixing it up in my dreams. We used my camera today and the lens had a smudge on it we didn't notice until after the shoot. It makes all the pictures look kinda hazy. Oh well, it happens when you take pictures everyday, better luck next time. I know I said I was only going to post 5 pictures from now on. Well, I meant to say, 5 outfit pictures. Accessory pictures are extra. Yeah, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. LOL!

Today's song is by Alexi Murdoch. I had a lovely evening last night and the soundtrack was provided by Alexi. This one is about making your own path through life and finding yourself. I'm all about that right now.

Well, another week is almost gone. Tomorrow is Friday! I used to dread the weekends, but not anymore. I have a life to live again. It feels good to finally be home.

Alexi Murdoch - Home

Powered by mp3skull.com




Picture 18



Picture 6




Picture 7




Picture 10




Picture 13




Picture 15




Picture 16


Skirt: Anthropologie Openwork Vines Skirt


Tank: Banana Republic


Cardigan: J Crew Jackie Cardigan


Shoes: Rocket Dog


Necklace: Anthropologie Pessinus Garden Necklace

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bonnie! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up for you. Your children will no doubt benefit from a happier, more grounded mom and the rest of your family should see that too.

    Prayers and good wishes sent your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt and the sassy shoes! So glad to hear that you're feeling even more confident today - wonderful! :) Your location today is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! Im glad to hear that youre having a happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to your blog a few times now and have been extremely impressed with your writing (and pictures!). I felt compelled to comment because, it seems, I went through a situation similar to yours a couple of years ago. Sometimes family comes through, and sometimes they terribly disappoint you. You have to forgive them their flaws and get on with your life, and remember that it's YOURS. Take whatever support you can get, and remember who gave it to you, because those are the people you'll want to keep around. Good luck. I'll be reading and rooting for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. Just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top