Taking Risks

"Swim out to the ocean. Drown your thoughts out at sea and dip your hands in the water, the same deep water as me." - I Am Kloot

Another very long day. I didn't get in until 9pm. I worked a full day and then went to the salon to get a much needed hair color and cut. I told my stylist I wanted something different. So instead of bon fire, he gave me rocket fire. Rocket fire sounds more fun, don't you think? Rocket fire is definitely more red. I really loved it in the salon, but once I got home, I felt differently. This always happens, though. For one thing, I never like how my hair looks right after it's cut. I really start liking it about a week later. It just looks too polished right now, if that makes sense. I hope it's not fire red in the sunlight. I'm scared to wake up and look at it in the morning. LOL!

I got my pap smear results in the mail today, and it said my pap smear was atypical, but not precancerous. So, I have to go back in 6 months and have another pap smear. Great, I'm just thrilled about that! :-(

So, I'm wearing my new Hop, Skip, Jump skirt. I decided to pair it with the Ascending Roses Top, a black cardigan, and my Frye saddle-colored boots. I like the way this turned out. I felt very hip and youthful. I took my brown Frye's to the only place in town I found that does shoe repairs. Funny thing is, they send them off to another city to be worked on, so it will be at least a week before I get my boot back. How am I going to live without my Frye's for a week? Could this day get any worse?

I've been thinking alot about risk lately. It seems I'm the kind of person who likes the idea of risk, but never follows through. Like I said before, I majored in Business in college because it was the "safe" route. It wasn't my passion, but I decided not to take the risk and pursue my passion. I've regretted it ever since. It seems that the most risk I'm willing to take is changing my hair color. I really admire people who go after their dreams and don't let anything stand in their way. I wish I could be more like that, but as I get older it gets harder and harder. Having a family means your decisions not only effect you but other people - much harder to take risks under those circumstances.

The song of the day is by a band called I Am Kloot. It's called "The Same Deep Water As Me." This song is about taking a risk and asking someone else to take that risk with you. What a beautiful concept!





HopSkip 001

HopSkip 013

HopSkip 023

HopSkip 024

HopSkip 029

HopSkip 049

HopSkip 073

Skirt: Anthropologie Hop, Skip, Jump Skirt
Sweater: JC Penny
Boots: Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the hair! And the color... and the cut...I happen to like the polished look. I am so glad you styled the skirt they way you did - it is beautiful. And I bet you can live without your boots... but it will be a risk! ;) You are awesome!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks awesome! I love your cut/color and can't wait to see it when you take pictures outdoors in natural light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I'm having a really crappy day and my husband didn't seem to like it, so it really means alot to hear postive things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that ascending roses top is just gorgeous on you. I really like this outfit, husband notwithstanding :) The whole thing is lovely and casual, but the long black cardigan fancies it up JUST the right amount. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie, it's hard to tell in this light, but I think your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. You are made to be a red-head, and I think you'd look gorgeous regardless of whether it was vibrant red or just a little red.

    I'm also not big on the risk taking...even in terms of minor, reversible things like hair. My BF would love for me to try experimenting with some different color -- like purple highlights?! And he doesn't mean maroon or magenta, but...violet. Yeah, that's not gonna happen. I do have go look somewhat professional, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair. I think the color is great! And I'm always here to take risks with you...

    Stevan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I absolutely love your hair! The color is so rich and gorgeous, and I love the bangs too! I always wished I could have red hair! :) I also love the way you styled the ascending roses top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JG: Thanks! I love the Ascending Roses Top. I'm so glad I got it!

    Jamie: That's so funny about your boyfriend wanting you to dye your hair crazy colors! LOL! My husband is the exact opposite. He wants my hair to be as "normal" as possible. My color is my way of rebelling. LOL!

    Stevan: Thank you. You are very sweet.

    Jen: Thanks! I've always loved red hair too, and last year I decided to finally go for it. I've slowly worked my way up the red spectrum. I have green eyes, so I always knew red hair would look good one me. I'm glad I finally took the risk!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top