Bunco!

"Got lost in the places I've been. I should go out with my friends." - Band of Horses

It's been a long day! The first day back after a long weekend is always rough. After work, I drove 45 minutes to play a little game called Bunco with some co-workers. It was my very first time ever playing this game. I did pretty good. I won a prize, and I got Bunco which is apparently hard to do. I don't do very well in social situations like this. I'm very reserve around people I don't know that well and just kinda sit there and don't say much. I'm trying to push myself to do things like this that are out of my comfort zone. It was fun, so I'm glad I went!

I'm remixing a couple of items I wore over the weekend, the Floral Frappe Tee and the Hellebore Sweater Skirt. I really like this combination of green and yellow together. I have a pair of earrings that have these exact same colors in them. I was so proud of my matching earrings that I got the hubs to take a close up shot of them. The pull strap on my Frye boots broke off today! :-( I guess I've been pulling a little too hard on them. It looks like it should be pretty easy to sew back on. I'm going to have to put my new sewing skills to the test!

The flash went off in the first shot. I don't like the way I look (pasty white), but it shows off the clothes so much better, so I decided to include it. After all, that's what you guys come here to see, the clothes, not me. LOL!

Anybody get anything at that sale today? Do tell!

The song of the day is "Evening Kitchen" by Band of Horses. This is off their newest album called Infinite Arms. This is my favorite song on the album. It so simple and beautiful. I've heard that it's great live. I haven't seen Band of Horses live yet, but I hope to some day. Love the lyrics in this one! Well, it's late, so I'm gonna call it a day. Good night!




Floral &Hellebore 001

Floral &Hellebore 008

Floral &Hellebore 016

Floral &Hellebore 032

Floral &Hellebore 009

Floral &Hellebore 031

Top: Anthropologie Floral Frappe Tee - Went on sale today!

Skirt: Anthropologie Hellebore Sweater Skirt

Boots: Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots

Earrings: The Limited

CONVERSATION

9 comments:

  1. I love that top. What size is it? We are the exact same size. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, love these colors together, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture with the flash shows up the detail on your skirt and top beautifully - maybe in future cut your head off if you aren't comfortable with it (but you don't look pasty to me btw!) as it's really great being able to see the detail so clearly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, that combination of colors together is so striking on you, and the earrings are absolutely gorgeous! Speaking of which, I had to buy the Floral Frappe Tee on sale! Also, that's awesome you're trying to do things out of your comfort zone...although, I think it's very brave of you to blog, so! :)
    p.s. did you know BOH is playing with Foo Fighters in London 2/25?! If only I could go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! My strap on my black Frye's broke within the first week (those rascals were a lot harder to get on than the brown or saddle ones). It did not break all of the way though--just about halfway. I have been wondering what to do about it though. i was wondering if a shoe repait place could fix it? Please let me know how your attempt at sewing it up goes, as I may just try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dea: Thanks!

    Louise: I'm going to do one flash shot per post, so you can see the detail. I feel weird cutting my head off! LOL!

    Jen: Thanks! What color did you get? No, I didn't know that. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be going to London anytime soon.

    Claire: Thanks! Really? Yeah, my brown one's are harder to get on than my saddle ones. I have to pull really hard everytime. My mom said I couldn't sew them myself. She said you have to have a special needle to go through leather, so I'm going to take mine to the shoe repair tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also really appreciate the flash photo, for purposes of showing off outfit detail. The detailing in the floral frappe is so beautifully intricate, and I think you did a wonderful job pairing the olive with the golden yellow of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie! I got the green - I'm trying to make an effort to wear brighter colors during the winter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top