Shady

Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 7.28.40 PM
Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 7.29.14 PM
Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 7.29.52 PM
Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 7.30.32 PM
Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 7.31.16 PM

"Ignorance is bliss. I'm a happy idiot" - TV on the Radio

I've been sitting on these pics for a month now. I figured I'd better go ahead and post them because Winter is coming, and I'll look like a damn idiot in a tank top and sandals. Also, I haven't posted anything this month, so today is my last chance.

I've been kinda pissed at the Internet lately. The sheer amount of misinformation I see on it on a daily basis is mind boggling. For instance, there's been a graphic going around Facebook since the beginning of September that says, "Remember clocks go ahead 1 hour next Sunday. Please Share." No, mindless zombies, please do NOT share. Daylight savings isn't until November 1. There's a thing called Google. Use it. The more you know ~~~*

The worst, though, is all the political misinformation all up in my damn news feed. "News" feed my ass. It should be called Lies Feed. I'm no fan of politics, but damn if I don't have a hard time sitting idly by while some idiot goes on a rant about a politician based on pure fiction. If the quote seems unbelievable then it probably is, except if it's by Donald Trump, then it's most definitely true.  

Speaking of Trump, what in the ever loving fuck is wrong with people? More and more of my Facebook peeps are coming out in favor of that dumb ass. I actually had someone like and share an article on my feed yesterday about his stance on climate change. The following quote by the Trumpster is sadly legitimate:

"I'm not a believer in climate change. It's called weather changes and you have storm and you have rain and you have beautiful days. Look, it's weather. We have bad floods. I can't watch the evening news anymore. Every time you turn on the evening news, they show there's a big rain storm, there's a tornado, there's this. I mean, you can't watch the news anymore. And so it's weather, and it's been that way for so long. I believe in clean air, immaculate air. I believe in clean water, all of those things, but I don't think we can destroy our country."

Da fuck did I just read?!? Stop the world, I want to get off. I feel like I'm living in some alternate universe where fiction is fact and fact is fiction. It's pretty comical until you look at the poll numbers and start considering that this douche canoe could actually become President. When you think about the stakes involved if that happens, ignorance is no longer bliss. Ignorance is we're all fucked.

*Opinions stated here are just that - opinions of a cranky, old fat lady. No need to get your political panties in a wad. I have no desire to debate politics in the comments. However, I am down with continued bashing of Trump. Good day. The Mgmt.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top