Free At Last

Screen shot 2013-06-03 at 9.28.57 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-03 at 9.39.08 PMScreen shot 2013-06-03 at 9.44.05 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-03 at 9.45.10 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-03 at 9.37.30 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-03 at 10.00.35 PM
Screen shot 2013-06-03 at 10.07.33 PM
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Bracelet and Ring: The Limited

"This is freedom." - Emma Louise

Well, I've pretty much dwindled down to blogging once a week here lately. May is always a busy month for me. With birthdays and end of school events filling up my calendar, it's hard to find the time to blog or do anything else for that matter, and when I do find some time, all I want to do is sleep. Consequently, I took a lot of time off from blogging last month, but this month I'm hoping to get back into a more consistent blogging routine.

Speaking of taking things off, I was taking off all kinds of things for this photo shoot. As you can see, I ditched the little sweater I was wearing to cover up some skin for work. However, earlier in the day, I got rid of something a little more...shall we say...supportive - my bra. Yep, you read that right. I broke bad and released the girls from their usual locked and loaded positions. What on earth would possess a nice conformist young lady like myself to do such a thing you might ask? Well, here's the story. 

I started out the day in what Jerry has dubbed my "Go-Go Gadget Bra."  You know, it's one of those bras from Victoria's Secret that comes with 2 sets of straps (colored and clear) and can be worn in a multitude of ways. Well, all during lunch I was bitching to Jerry that the underwire on the Go-Go Gadget was digging into my rib cage. He asked me why I just didn't take the damn thing off, and I explained to him that a woman with boobies the size of mine doesn't have the liberty to just unleash them into the world. I described to him with a horrified look on my face how they would "just flop all over the place" without a bra to keep them in check. He looked back at me puzzled and said, "What would be wrong with that?" He explained that he thinks it's really messed up that women have to wear these torture devices to fit into society. I told him I would usually agree with him, but in this case, I was cool with it because I hate the way most women, myself included, look without a bra.

As the day went by, though, and I sat at my desk pulling my bra away from my tender rib cage, Jerry's words kept playing through my head. Suddenly, I was inspired to be that free-spirited hippie girl I've always wanted to be. I rose from my chair, marched to the bathroom, and removed the torture device "the man" has used to keep my girls down. It felt wonderful, physically and mentally. It was like I had my own private women's lib movement in the bathroom stall at work. When I emerged from the stall and glanced in the mirror, I discovered that they didn't look that bad either. This dress fits sort of like a corset in the back and can be tightened to hold the girls in place.

Now that I've had time to reflect on it, this wasn't as big of a deal as I'm making out to be. I mean, it's not like I showed up to work in a loose fitting blouse sans bra, putting people's eyes out with my nipples. Oh, and for the record, I don't think I'll be doing that any time in the near future. Comfortable fitting bras have always been and still are my friends, and, thankfully, I've figured out how to adjust the Go-Go Gadget to a more comfortable fit. However, I think I did learn a valuable lesson here all the same. It feels good to let go of those things we think we have to have in our lives sometimes and just be free of them for a change.     

Emma Louise - Freedom


CONVERSATION

9 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful! I love this dress - the colors are amazing against your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is beautiful! It looks very flattering on you. The whole time I was reading this post all that kept running through my head is "you'll shoot your eye out" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this dress looks stunning on you!!! =+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how you were equating what I could only assume to be a strapless bra with freedom! Those things are torturous, in fact I avoid dresses with anything but thick straps so that I can always wear a comfy bra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one gorgeous dress. This inspires me to find $170 to buy it myself. I may have to sell someone's firstobrn to do it, though.
    Not mine, obviously; I don't have one yet.
    But somebody's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for showing off this dress since i didn't notice it on Anthro site and guess what it looks much-much nicer on someone with bosom than on Anthro model however i wish they could have some kind of support system in these kind of dresses, I think more people would buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In this week's episode, Clever Snidely once again talks Nell Pureheart into removing an undergarment. Next week: Thong to Commando in one swift motion. Same bat time, same bat channel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can tell by that expression on your face in the last photo that you're braless. There's a "to hell with ya" look in that arched eyebrow. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous in the this dress! As a busty girl myself my first thought was "man I've gotta know what bra she's wearing". I'm scared of so much freedom for myself. All I can hear in head is "release the Kraken!"

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top