Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews

I've got a quickie review set for you today, because what's better than a quickie on a Tuesday? A quickie on a shitty, rainy Tuesday, which it just so happens to be here today. 
 
 Fables Print Dress ($78)  I spotted this adorable little dress in the lounge section of my local store and couldn't wait to try it on. I grabbed a size medium, and I thought it fit nicely. Being loungewear, it's super comfortable, but unlike most loungewear the material on this one is really substantial. I didn't see any potential problems with sheerness. However, the variety of prints just seemed overwhelming on me. I was so sad, because I really wanted to like this one. Bummer. Pass. 


Ivete Patchwork Dress ($158)  This is another printed dress that looked great on the hanger, but awful on me. The first problem was the fit. I grabbed a size 8, but I could barely get the damn thing zipped up in the back. My boobs were packed into this thing like sardines. The second problem was the overall vibe of this dress. On the hanger it looked like hippie, dippie flower child, but on me it came across as Swedish milkmaid. I think both problems stemmed from my ample bosom. Damn you, bosom! I think this dress will look great on the less endowed ladies (I LOVE the cutout in the back, so cute!), but for the rest of us milkmaids, we should bid it "Adjo!" Pass.   
 
Itinerant Anorak ($128)  I decided to try this jacket on a whim. It looked really comfortable, and I loved the little lace applique' on the shoulder area. It gave what could be a really masculine piece some feminine charm. I'm wearing a medium here, and I have to say I really fell in love with this jacket. It's so light weight and easy to move around in. I felt like I had on a shirt rather than a jacket. I also love that it has a hood and plenty of pocket space. It's such a practical piece, and I can see myself getting lots of wear out of it during the Fall, Spring, and even during the mild parts of Winter. The only issue I had with it was the price. I feel it's a little too expensive for what it is, so I'm going to try and wait until sale to pick this one up. Wish listed. 

Cuoco Henley ($68)  I had this top wish listed just from seeing it online, so I couldn't wait to try it on in person. It's such an easy top to throw on with many different things and the embroidery at the placket really makes it special. This is a size medium, and I loved the fit. I don't really have anything negative to say about this top other than I expected it to be priced at $58 rather than $68. Still on the wish list. 

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Ivete Patchwork Dress ($158) is on sale now till Sunday @ $126. I tried this on at size 12 but it was tight along the boobs and the middle. Size 14 is available at new price - do I pull the trigger on this dress or the Aaravi Shift I have been crushing on....? Ivete dress is a bit "young" but the shift might be a better bet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for the Shift. I think the Ivete is good in concept, but doesn't really work in real life. It's too costumey, and yes, a bit young...*groan*

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top