Rock n Roll


Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.32.50 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.28.39 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.33.00 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.34.34 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.33.31 PM


"Its been a long time since I rock and rolled." - Led Zeppelin

The virtual plethora of bohemian inspired clothing on the market right now has forced me to up the ante on dressing like a hippie. It really is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it fucking rocks to be able to easily find so many things that appeal to my sense of style. Have you been to American Eagle lately? It looks like the Seventies threw up in there (which to me is a good thing). I even found some awesome burnout tees for $8 while grocery shopping at Walmart. On the other hand, it means everybody else and their brother is wearing it too. This really hit home when I was in the local coffee shop the other day.

A group of very prim and proper Prepster ladies walked in and they were all wearing some form of Tie Dye prints with their conservative flats and clutch purses. Stop the fucking hippie train! I want to get off...except I can't. I self-identify as hippie. So, what's any self-respecting hippie chick to do in these fucked up times we find ourselves living? Well, I've found myself dressing borderline costumey in order to stand out from the crowd.

I've wanted to wear a fringe vest since forever, so I figured now's the time to do it. I haven't seen many of those walking around my small town. I must admit that I felt a little silly at first in this outfit. I mean, a lady of my age and size wearing destroyed cutoff shorts, a see through band tee, and a fringe suede vest is just crazy, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I don't think I've worn cutoff shorts since I was in my early twenties, and I can't say that I will get much wear out of these. I was paranoid they were in my junk the whole time I wore them even though Jerry assured me they were not. I've got enough problems without having to pull at my shorts constantly. Ain't nobody got time for that. I mainly bought them to wear at Bonnaroo anyway. However, I can see myself wearing this cute vest with some of my dresses, so I'm glad I finally purchased one. As for the tee, I've already worn it a bunch of times. You can never go wrong with Led Zeppelin or Rock n Roll.




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top